Friday 29 April 2011

Grungy Monday meets Stampotique

The Key To The Secret Garden

Hi All - With DT pieces to catch up on, since coming back from Cyprus, I have only just found time to 'play', and I am enjoying every minute.

Well are you watching the wedding today? I will catch up on it later as we are all off to Thorpe Park to meet up with family who are coming up from Kent. This is a great opportunity for the younger ones to enjoy the rides while Granny looks after the little ones. Mind you I do like the water rides, so I may get a chance to have a go on them.

I hope you like this next piece of art. I am really pleased with it and have enjoyed the experimenting and playing with inks and paint and embossing powders.


I really wanted to experiment with the TH technique - a new dimension - at Grungy Monday this week. This is to create a niche for a found trinket to sit in and Tim gives a great tutorial on his blog. I also haven't entered the Stampotique challenge for a while and have several new stamps waiting to be inked and used and this week there is a great sketch to follow, so with 'anything goes' at Simon Says as well, these were my inspiration.
I coloured the mushrooms with DIs and used promarkers, the suede paint and stickles on the fairy.

The flowers were from my box and I die cut the leaves using a downloaded text paper and played with it in photoshop to get the right colours.


This shows the niche that the key is sitting in. The blog link for the tutorial is at the top of the page. I used the distress embossing powders on the key to give it more of a verdigris look.

Suppplies
Stampotique stamps - by Jill Penney and Jo Capper-Sandon
TH distrress embossing powders - peeled paint, weathered wood (on the key)
DIs - aged mahogany, peeled paint, victorian velvet, weathered wood, walnut stain, pumice stone
Stazon - timber brown
Crown suede paint - chocolate
Promarkers - satin, blushdusky pink, ivory, pear green
Sakura white glaze pen and glitter pen
Sentiment - my own
Nestie - labels one
Marianne Creatables and Crealies leaf dies
TH stamp - Nature's Moments
Tissue paper, modge podge, gesso
Stickles - crystal
Papers - TH Lost and Founf and unknown
A key from my (late) Dad's key wallet

I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by to take a look.

luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox
Photobucket

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card! Love all the details you added and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

cheryl said...

oh hun this is one,brilliant card just love all the detail you always add hun,hugs cherylxx

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful card - love the details and the recess for the key
Have a wonderful day out today
Lisa x

Gram's Treasures said...

Lovely card, Brenda, with some wonderful details. Those flowers really pop. Have a great day at the park.
Joyce xx

Berry said...

What a little sweetie image Brenda and such fab flowers Hugs Rebekah xx

Netty said...

So cute Brenda and love the key inset like this. Annette x

Val said...

I love this. In fact I love Moon Girl and I must get another I as cannot find my anywhere.

Fabulous card.
Hugs
Valxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, this is superb, that key is so clever too. fab work my friend
hugs June xxxx

Sue said...

What a fabulous card Brenda, and clever you for combining the two challenges. I love your flowers and leaves - just perfect x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous piece, I love the details and the stamps you used.

Jane said...

Your card is lovely. You really alot of the elements together well. The key turned out perfect.

Basement Stamper said...

The flowers and the framing of the key is very cool. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Vicki G said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at SDC!

Vicki

Rachelle said...

Fabulous piece! I love your key to the garden theme.

Gez Butterworth said...

Very pretty card :) Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Maria Sabina R said...

simply beautiful. i like they key.Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Kaz said...

what a great piece!! I love the niche for the key. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Suzanne Bouchard said...

A very nice work of art! I love the stamps chosen, thecolor palette and the inserted key.

Hella said...

WOW so creative! Beautiful card.

minnie_mac said...

Great piece. Love it.

Marilyn

Anita said...

Beautiful!!!

MarleneMAZ said...

Your card is lovely!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

What an inspired piece of art! Thank you for sharing it with us for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge!
Val :)

craftymum said...

Wow Brenda. this is wonderful. I love how you have done the flowers and leaves. It is also a great way to use up old keys. I bet we all have loads hiding in drawers!!!!!!
Thanks for all your visits and lovely comments too. ALWAYS appreciated
Warm hugs Sarah x

thekathrynwheel said...

This is fabulous . I love all the elements and details you added. Thanks for joining the SDC, Kate

coldwaters2 said...

Loving this one so much Brenda that image is so beautiful and I love the design, ACE work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! Love everything about it! Very creative!

joanne wardle said...

wow! there's so much on this. it's fabulous
thanks for taking part in the stampotique challenge

Anonymous said...

What a wonerful piece. I love the fairy on the mushroom. So cool and the flowers are awesome!