Thursday 27 January 2011

Tutorial for Raggedy Flower

June asked me how I made the raggedy flower that I used on my under the sea collage.

Very simply I cut 2 strips of muslin about 5cm wide and 32 cm long. I was going to add some brown stamens at this stage but actually I didn't like it too much.

I used Martha Stewart four cut scissors and made lots of cuts down the strips.




Take distress inks and swipe them on your craft sheet. Add perfect pearls (or similar) if you want the inks to have a slight shimmery effect.







Mist the inks until globules of colour form.






Colour one strip with distress inks and water and leave the other strip white. Put the wet one to dry - for speed use your heat gun.








Roll the two strips together tightly and tie them together.




Cut into the base to flatten it and pull out the raggedy edges.

It is now ready to use. You could mist with glimmer mists to add some more shimmer. 

I hope this makes sense and helps you make this shabby raggedy flower. If you have any questions, please email me, my addy is on my sidebar.

Have fun.

luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Photobucket

12 comments:

Juls said...

oooooooooh thanks so much for the tutorial!! I must have a go!! Hugs Juls

Kathyk said...

SMASHING - you make it look (and sound) so simple - thanks for sharing

KAthyk

Zue said...

Thanks, Brenda! It is a very beautiful flower...lovely, clear demo.
Sue xx

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful tutorial makes a terrific flower thank you for sharing. XOXO Zoe

craftymum said...

wow Brenda. fantastic tutorial and gorgeous flower too
hugs sarah x

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant tutorial Brenda I have bookmarked this so one day I may be able to try this out as I love the shabby chic flowers. I have recently been given a big bag of material and I think I may have some muslin in there so I will have to have another look.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Junibears said...

Thank you dear Brenda, lovely tutorial with beautifully clear pics. Now I just have to find me some muslin...
Big Hugs xx

Hels Sheridan said...

OMG Brenda, that is delightful... thanks for showing how to make it... I am so going to try this!!! Hugs xx

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Love your shabby flower! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Jane said...

Fabulous tutorial Brenda - thank you
Lisa ;)

Unknown said...

Wow this is amazing... I had loved the flower on your card. thanks for sharing xxx

Shirl said...

Brenda love this tutorial, I have also made these .... love your name for them raggedy flower .... in the same way but used the salvage edge of the material, it makes a smaller flower but soo pretty, here is a link to the tag on which I have the flower.
Hugs Shirley x x