Friday 27 August 2010

CCC Week 11 Blended Batik

It's Friday and the weekend starts here. Mind you I haven't had to work this week so it's been great having time to catch up after our holiday. I can't believe we had thatday when it was up in the 50's and now it's rained nearly every day since getting home, but at least my garden didn't suffer too much while I was away.

I wonder if you spotted a sneak peek at this yesterday, as I was adding the photo ready for today I pressed the wrong button and instead of saving it I published it, but managed to get it back again, so off we go again............

Well I have missed taking part in the Compendium Of Curiosities challenge, but experimenting with the blended batik has made up for it. What a great technique. If you haven't tried it I do recommend you get hold of TH book and have a go at all the different things and pop on over to Studio 3 to see what wonderful creations other people are posting. So much inspiration out there. This week Simon Days Stamp and Show has a week dedicated to all things TH, so I was even more inspired to create this.




So here it is, I love the colours I have used and I have kept the layout very simple as I don't want to detract from the batik piece. The butterfly is from a necklace I picked up last year in primark. The clock is a TH salvage sticker with Idea-Ology game spinner and the ticket is the alterations die. Contact me if you want to know how I altered one of them so I could mount it on another colour. The batik, when viewed horizontally reminds me of an old wallpaper frieze. The stamp is a large foam one from QVC. (Please excuse the picture, I am experimenting in Photoshop and can't find a way to get different coloured backgrounds or soft edges  -  can it be done I ask???)

Have a great day.

Luv B xxxxx

Challenges to have fun witn -
Studio 3 - Blended Batik
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Tim Holtz Inspired
Create your days away challenge - With Wings
The Shabby Tea Room - A little bit of metal (the butterfly)
Crafty Cardmakers - Video inspiration, Lady GaGa (I hope my butterfly fits here with the mesh effect)
Inspiration Avenue - The power of words (I thought this card would be good for someone who has been poorly and will have a slow recovery, then it needs to be one step at a time)
The Craft Den Anything Goes  - Time
Flutterby Wednesday - Anything goes so long as there is a butterfly, fairy or angel on it.
ABC Challenge - B is for Blue
Paper Cutx - metal

21 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun I love the baltik? never heard of that one before lol
But it does look fab!
hugs shell xx

Gem said...

a really stunning card Brenda! love the batik effect :) x

Lynne Forsythe said...

Brenda...you Batik piece is gorgeous!! wonderful card!!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge Blog!!

Doreen said...

Wow love the batik.Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA.xxx

Sandy said...

Oh wow again so beautiful card.
Really elegant.

Netty said...

Your batik is gorgeous Brenda, love it. Annette x

PapierGirl said...

Your batik is beautiful - that is one technique that I haven't used since HS! I will have to consider re-visiting that technique! Love the metal butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

sophiesmama said...

Just gorgeous Brenda! Thanks for joining us at PCC!
Hugs,
Mary

Terry said...

HIya Brenda, thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp with your fabulous project. Love the butterfly wowwwieee absolutely georgous. Thanks for sharing and hope to see ya next week for another challenge. Hugs Terry xxxx

Terry said...

Wow! This is certainly a stunning piece! Love what you did with the batik challenge.

Donna said...

Hi Brenda, gorgeous card and beautiful colours. I really need to look in my book and try this technique, it looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at CYDA this time.
Hugs, Donna x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Brenda, it's wonderful to see you at the CCC again! I've missed your lovely art, and what a treat it is to admire this gorgeous blended batik masterpiece! I LOVE the way you inked that panel-- it absolutely glows, and the lacy butterfly goes so perfectly with the stamp you used. Great touch with the salvage sticker clock, too. Well done!

Juls said...

so fabulous and soft. love it! Hugs Juls

Audrey Pettit said...

That batik effect looks so cool! And I love that metal butterfly! Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Lin said...

I love your card and your butterfly is amazing.

Just goes to shoe what can be picked up at primark for pennies and look amazing on a card.

I bought some children's socks there once that perversely had charms around the ankle part! No idea why, but I whipped them straight off and onto something else.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin xx

donna said...

Beautiful card! The batik piece is wonderful!

angelwhispers said...

What a beautiful creation and love the colours.

Thanks for joining us over at Anything Goes Love Chanelle xx

Clare Brown said...

beautiful card hun and thanks for sharing a new technique. goodluck at abc challenge this week.

hugs Clare x

Cath Wilson said...

Great batik sample and a wonderful card. Love the flutterby.

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful card! I love the metal butterfly!

Thanks for playing along with the Paper Cutz Challenge.

Liz said...

hi Brenda
Thanks for playing along with our wings theme at CYDA love the card

Liz x